Laser cutting of aluminum plate also depends on the power of the laser generator. The thickness of 6000W can be cut to 16mm, and that of 4500W to 12mm. But the processing cost is high, because it is a highly reflective material. Laser cutting uses focused high power density laser beam to irradiate the workpiece, so that the irradiated material can melt, vaporize, ablate or reach the ignition point quickly, At the same time, with the help of the high-speed airflow coaxial with the beam, the molten material is blown away, so as to realize the cutting of the workpiece.
Is the cut surface of laser cutting aluminum plate as smooth as other materials?
Aluminum plate incision is also smooth, aluminum plate is only high reflective material, need a large laser generator, cutting gas, like other materials, are cut with nitrogen, will not cause the surface is not smooth.
The aluminum plate is cut by laser
1. Fine cutting seam: the cutting seam of laser cutting aluminum plate is generally 0.1mm-0.2mm
2. Smooth cutting surface: there is no burr and slag on the cutting surface of laser cutting aluminum plate.
3. Small thermal deformation: the laser cutting seam of laser processing is thin, fast and energy concentrated, so the heat transferred to the cut material is small, and the deformation of the material is also very small.
4. Material saving: laser processing uses computer programming, laser equipment can be different shapes of aluminum plate processing parts for material cutting, improve the material utilization of aluminum plate, save a lot of material cost.
5. How much aluminum plate can be cut depends on the power of the laser generator. Generally, the thickness of 6000W can be cut to 16mm, and 4500W can be cut to 12mm.
Aluminum plate belongs to high reflection material, which causes great damage to laser!
Generally do not recommend customers to take optical fiber laser cutting machine to cut aluminum plate, try to use less!
A laser is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's not worth the loss!
According to personal experience, the price of CO2 laser machine is relatively low, and the laser generator has high power, so we can try to cut aluminum plate when we need it. Pay attention, as I said above, to coat the aluminum plate with black light absorption color to prevent the reflector from burning the lens or laser head.
As for the optical fiber laser machine, it is better not to cut aluminum plate. The gain is not worth the loss. Choose other ways to process aluminum plate.
Precautions for laser cutting aluminum plate: aluminum plate belongs to high reflection material, which causes great damage to laser, so it should be used as little as possible. It is suggested that CNC punch can be used to process aluminum plate less than 6 mm, and water cutting can be used to process aluminum plate more than 6 mm.